COVID-19 – The Gold Coast Amateur Beekeeper’s Association inc. cannot ignore the impact or the global spread of the virus.
The health and wellbeing of our members is our foremost priority. We continue to work in delivering covid safe services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Therefore as a precaution to ensure the health and safety of our participants, we ask you to follow appropriate health guidelines, and check this website for updates as events may need to be changed or cancelled with very little notice.
How to protect yourself and others
Everybody is at risk of getting COVID-19. For most people, they will only develop mild illness and recover easily, but others may develop severe sickness.
To protect yourself, your family and the community from getting COVID-19 you must maintain good hygiene and practice social distancing (also called physical distancing).
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people—think two big steps
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water or hand sanitiser
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue. Then put the tissue in the bin
- Wear a face mask when you are not able to keep 1.5 metres away from other people or whenever mandatory face masks are required.
- Go near people if you are coughing or sneezing
- Touch your mouth, nose and eyes
- Shake hands
- Hug or kiss people.
For the latest updates on restrictions to assist in containing the spread of COVID-19 in the community, visit the Queensland Government’s Health Alerts page